Dear Friend of Emma’s Place,
Thanks to you and your generous donations in 2018, Emma’s Place was able to support the Staten Island community by:
• Facilitating bi-weekly children and adult bereavement support groups.
• Training teachers and other educators in how to deal with grieving students.
• Providing crisis services for schools and other community groups.
• Coordinating awareness and memorial activities.
• Organizing a conference titled, “Suicide Loss Survivors – A Family Grief Experience”, to support those in the Staten Island Community who lost a loved one to suicide and assist area professionals in treating these bereaved individuals.
As a result of your caring and kindness, Emma’s Place staff and trained volunteers were able to provide services and tools to those who lost a loved one, so they could journey through the darkness of their pain into the light of healing, hope, and a meaningful life.
We invite you to remain dedicated to those suffering a loss, and to Emma’s Place, and hope you will continue your support in 2019:
• $1,800 – pays for one year’s worth of counseling for a bereaved child
• $1,500 – helps to pay Emma’s Place monthly rent
• $1,000 – provides for toys, furniture, and play therapy materials
• $750 – provides for educational and training sessions
• $500 – provides for art supplies for art therapy and craft activities
• $250 - provides for pizza and snacks for children and family groups
• Any amount will make a difference to a bereaved child.
We wish you and your loved ones a joyous holiday season and a happy and healthy New Year. Thank you again for being so generous and truly exemplifying the spirit of giving.
The Board of Emma’s Place
Copyright (c) 2019 Emma's Place- Staten Island Grief and Loss Center for Children and Families
Donation checks may be
written and mailed to:
Staten Island Grief Center
1076 Forest Avenue
Staten Island, New York 10310
We greatly appreciate your generosity!